Like any other sport if your kid is into boxing then starting at this age will reap many benefits. Kids have a lot of energy and by giving these kids boxing gloves will have many benefits. With boxing gloves, kids can channel their energy in a positive way. But the question is how to choose the best boxing gloves for kids when there are so many different types of gloves available in the market.
Some gloves are cheaper than the other but don’t get fooled into buying these cheap boxing gloves for kids as they are made from poor quality and will not last long. These gloves also lack required padding for maximum protection for kids’ hands and wrist. As a parent, boxing is a great activity to have, where they can involve children and have lot of fun.
Begin Early – Kids Boxing Gloves
In Australia, kids boxing gloves are made for kids as young as 3-year-old.
- Helping with your kids to familiarize with various tools and equipment is important as it makes them stronger and physically fit.
- Boxing equipment that comes in handy for kids includes foot and hand wraps, boxing shoes, boxing shorts, a mouthpiece, and a protective headgear.
- In order to develop interest, show your kids some videos of boxers and pictures with the main objective to teach them some basics about the sport.
- Boxing gloves for kids between the ages of 3 to 6 years, the normal weight just around 6 ounces.
- These boxing gloves become bigger and heavier as the age and size of your child grow.
- Boxing gloves for kids are available from the age of 3 till the teenage.
A Brief Report – Kids Boxing Gloves
The quality of boxing gloves for kids is generally the same as that of armature and professional boxers.
- The main ingredients in the gloves for kids are same that includes form and gel padding. From the outside, these gloves are covered with leather, vinyl, or synthetic leather.
- These gloves include some heavy duty stitching and construction in order to keep them from wear and tear. These gloves are made to last for a very long time.
- Mostly, the form and shape of kids gloves are no different. However, in order to wear and remove gloves easily, kids gloves feature Velcro wrist strap.
- RDX Sports is an international brand that offers scientifically designed top quality material boxing gloves for kids in Australia and rest of the world.
- Kids can choose gloves from a wide range of colors and designs available.
- Cheaper gloves that come under £15 will have less padding and offers little protection for your kid.
Size Chart – Kids Boxing Gloves
Kids Gloves Chart
When selecting the size of the gloves for your kid, use the above size chart for correct measurement. Once you have identified the correct size, ask your kid to pick their favorite design colour among the available choices.
- The important thing to remember is that your primary concern should always remain the safety and security of your kid. This can only be achieved through proper size, weight, and fitting.
- Keep in mind that safety and comfort are your primary concerns. These can be achieved with the proper fit, size, and weight of the gloves.
- The weight and size of the glove are not interlinked in any way.
- Let your kid try on the gloves first before buying.
- Glove weight ranges from 6 – 20 ounces for kids.
- Preferable choice of weight for children under the age 10 is between 6 – 8 ounces.
- Make sure the gloves cover kid’s fists comfortably.
- The gloves should be comfortable that allows free movement.
- As your kids will be using hand wraps as well before putting on the gloves, so make sure there is some room for that.
- Boxing gloves for kids are categorized in three sizes small, medium and large.
Tips for Parents to Remember
Remember, the gloves stretch after some time, so don’t buy gloves that are too comfortable because they do tend to loosen up after several uses. It is better to buy two pairs of gloves for you kids, one for training and sparring sessions, and another for competitions and matches.